What are executive functioning skills?
According to Harvard University, executive functioning skills are the skills that “underlie the capacity to plan ahead and meet goals, display self-control, follow multiple step directions even when interrupted and stay focused despite distractions, among others.”
They are the skills we all need to make it through the day! When we are having a harder time managing our time, remembering what our teacher just said, or staying focused on the task at hand – we are having a hard executive functioning day!
If your child is:
- Unaware of time
- Slow to start tasks
- Overwhelmed by projects or writing essays
- Poor at planning, organizing, and prioritizing
- Unaware of their actions on others
- Overly emotional
- Dependent on routine and structure
Then they might be struggling with executive functioning delays too!
What’s Included in the Classes:
Once you register for the class, you will be given a couple questionnaires designed to assess you and your child’s executive functioning strengths and weaknesses. A course binder will be created specifically for you to keep and will hold all the information the 8 classes will cover; including tools you can take home and implement right away.
Instructor: Catherine Cooper MOT, OTR/L
Who: Parents only
Duration: 1-2 hours/session totaling 6-8+ hours
Individual Sessions (single households): Number of sessions is dependent on the pace of which the course material is completed
- Individual Sessions (single households): Number of sessions is dependent on the pace of which the course material is completed
- Benefit: Sessions, questions, and recommendations can be tailored to you and your student’s specific situation
- Group sessions (multiple households): Number of sessions and pace of the course is more standardized and typically does not exceed 8 total hours.
- Benefit: Hear from other parents in similar situations and build a community of support
When: Scheduling varies depending on parent(s)/group and therapist availability
- Individual: $125/household
- Group: $850.00 per household for all 8 classes
Developmental Therapy Services of Sacramento
3416 American River Drive Suite E Sacramento CA 95610
Call or email us today- we look forward to hearing from you!
Phone: 916-979- 0497